Friday, March 21, 2014

A few nice days = some exterior progress!!

Alright so FINALLY a few nice days in late march and I've been itching to get outside and get things moving again on the exterior of the house. I have the master bedroom windows all restored and ready to put back in so I wanted to get the openings fixed up. So I got the ladder set up and the scrapers and sandpaper and went to town, its in rough shape but I completely stripped the old paint and sanded off as much of the grey  wood as I could and it cleaned up pretty nice. Once I dusted everything off I applied a coat of oil primer, I swear by sherwin williams exterior oil wood primer (slow dry). I used it on my old ex-house along with a duration latex topcoat and it held up perfect, when we moved 11-ish years after the paint job it still looked like new, no peeling or anything, with the exception of where I got lazy on some high areas that peeled up a little. Just have to do a little sanding on the holes I filled and a final prime then we'll get that all finish coated and get the windows back in, can't wait to see them installed, gonna look awesome I think, especially without those god awful aluminum triple track storms hiding those beautiful old windows. Also put up a bundle of siding on this side of the house, mostly to the left of the lower window. It was nice to get outside and get a bit of progress. Here's some pictures of the bedroom/driveway side of the house...

Before I touched anything...


Old siding off and gutting of house in progress...


As it stands today...


2 comments:

  1. God bless your arduous n loving work on your home. Restoration is showing a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete